Copyright by Wendi Goodman THE One Weary Soldier. Powered by Blogger.

Friday, September 9, 2011

Beware of phony veterans raising funds

Jim Strickland has covered this before on www.watchdogtoday.org.  It's sad, but true.  I've run into these guys before.  I've seen them perched in front of places like my local Walmart and most recently, Winn-Dixie, here in Spring Hill, FL.  Did I stop and give them my hard earned money?  No.  Did I stop and harass them?  No, I didn't do that either.  It's best not to confront them in spite of what the DAV Commander states in the posted article below.  In my opinion .... and I learned this from Jim, it's best to just ignore them.  Don't give them your money.  Just be on your way.  They take 30% of what they collect in their buckets.  Do you want to contribute to their income?  I don't.  I would rather give my money to something worthwhile.  There are plenty of reputable Veterans Organizations out there who give 90% of their intake to Vets.  I'm not here to endorse any particular group.  You can do the research yourself.  In the meantime, read the article below to learn who NOT to give your money to.  

Until the next time .....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by Lori Hahn

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP