Copyright by Wendi Goodman THE One Weary Soldier. Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Anonymous comments won't post here. No room for cowards at this Inn.

Hello friends.  Over the last few days I've had a couple of rather nasty comments sent to me regarding some of the things I have been writing about.  That's fine.  I don't expect everyone to always agree with me.  Opinions are like assholes.  We all have them.  I won't shy away from posting opposing views and opinions.  I've been taught better than that.  However, what I will not tolerate are the cowards who send me "anonymous" comments and expect them to be posted. 

One of the things I learned from Jim Strickland is if you have something to hide, don't put your name behind it.  Use a cute little screen name.  Don't tell anyone anything about yourself.  Hide from the world behind a wall of anonymity.  If you want credibility, tell everyone who you are.  Give them some background.  Let them know some history.  I've done all that here in my writings.  I've held almost nothing back.  What you see is what you get.

I expect the same from you.  If you have a comment on a posting don't hide behind "anonymous".  I promise you, it will get deleted.  It will never see the light of day on this blog.  If you don't have the guts to put your name to your comment than I will not run it. 

Mind you, my friends, the "anonymous" postings I've deleted have been nasty, personal attacks rather than an opinion of something I've written.  People too chicken to say something to my face, would rather attack me behind an anonymous moniker.  So be it.  It doesn't take me much time to respond by hitting the delete key.

That's it for my Labor Day Weekend rant.  I wasn't going to write this weekend, but the last comment came through around midnight and since I can't sleep tonight anyway, I thought this would be a good time to get this off my chest.  Enjoy your weekend all.  Remember the real meaning behind it.

Until the next time ......



1 comment:

  1. Dearest Wendi, you are a hero to me and I am so grateful for your blogs!! Screw the coward ass who isn't mature enough to come forward and speak their mind! I adore you and greatly value you! THANK YOU for your service and your blogs and EVERYTHING I've learned from you!!

    ReplyDelete

Design by Lori Hahn

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP