Copyright by Wendi Goodman THE One Weary Soldier. Powered by Blogger.

Monday, September 21, 2009

How nuts is this?

Hello invisible readers! Did you miss me? I'm back from my vacation. I had a great time. It was wonderful to get away from Florida for a while. What a difference it made in my world and in my mood. Alas, it's back to reality. We arrived home a few hours ago. There's no point in going to sleep. I have to leave the house in about two and one-half hours to head to my least favorite place. It's back to the VA Hospital for another doctor appointment. I have four of them this week. As I said, vacation is over and it's back to reality.

Two things happened while I was away. Just before I left for California I received "unofficial notification" from the DAV that my VA Claim had been decided. The VA turned down my request for 100% based on individual unemployment. When I home arrived tonight, the official notice was waiting for me from the VA. Reading through it, there was no mention of the evidence I sent in from the VA's own Vocational Rehab Program. There was no mention of the "letter of feasibility" I sent in as evidence which clearly stated I am not "retrainable" and I am "not a candidate for gainful employment" as determined by the VA's own Vocational Rehab. There was no mention of the letter my doctor filled out stating I cannot work. What happened to that evidence? They did award me 30% for major depression and another 10% for "right knee strain". They raised my overall rating from 70% to 80%.

The second thing that happened is that I was approved for social security disability with an effective date of June 2008. The social security administration based their decision on evidence they received from the Department of Veterans Affairs.

How is it that one government agency says that I cannot work and the other says I can work? How is it they both evaluated the very same medical evidence? In reality, I have three different government agents saying I cannot work. They all based their decisions on the same medical evidence.

Not to worry though. At least ... I'm not worried. I have some things to take care of over the next few days and then I will be filing an appeal with the VA. I will win my case for 100% with the VA. And when I win it, they will owe me a shitload of money. I'm going to enjoy the hell out of that payday. You can bet I'm going to laugh all the way to the bank.

Until the next time ....

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by Lori Hahn

  © Blogger template On The Road by 2009

Back to TOP